- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Home > Nanotechnology Columns > NanoNewsNet.ru > 2nd International School - Nano2011:Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies in Living Systems.Safety and Nanomedicine. September 19 - 24, 2011, (Moscow Region, Russia)
RUSNANO and Lomonosov Moscow State University organize the 2nd International School "Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies in Living Systems. Safety and Nanomedicine", which will be held on September 19-24 at Holiday Center "Zarya", Moscow region, Russia
June 13th, 2011
2nd International School - Nano2011:Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies in Living Systems.Safety and Nanomedicine. September 19 - 24, 2011, (Moscow Region, Russia)
RUSNANO and Lomonosov Moscow State University will organize the 2nd International School "Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies in Living Systems. Safety and Nanomedicine" which will be held on September 19-24 at Holiday Center "Zarya", Moscow region, Russia
The school is a multidisciplinary project aimed on advanced training and communication between specialists of various fields (physics and chemistry, medicine and biology, legislation), involved in research and assessment of nanomaterials safety, and research and development of medical applications of nanotechnologies.
1. interdisciplinary training of specialists, involved in research and development of nanotechnologies for medical applications, and research of impact of nanotechnology on health, safety and environment;
2. direction of work of research organizations to satisfy the needs of nanotechnology companies in terms of safety;
3. development of optimal approaches to assessment and management of risks associated with production of nanomaterials and nanomaterials containing products.
The school program will feature invited lectures (30 min), oral talks (15 min), and poster presentations.
The exhibition of measuring and diagnostics equipment will be also organized within the frame of this School.
Topics of the School:
1. Fabrication and characterization of nanomaterials for biomedical applications and safety issues.
-Synthesis and functionalization of nanomaterials.
-Methods for characterization of nanomaterials.
-Reference materials: applications, development and certification.
2. Safety of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies.
-Toxicology of nanomaterials: exposure routes, methods for detection, toxicity evaluation.
-Detection of nanomaterials in environment, food and industry products.
-Assessment and management of risks for nanomaterials production and usage.
3. Nanomedicine: challenges and perspectives
-Targeted delivery of drugs and other therapeutic agents based on nanomaterials.
-Diagnostics with the use of nano-objects.
Topics of round tables:
1. Role of metrology in nanotechnologies safety.
2. Regulatory issues for assessment and management of risks for nanomaterials production and usage.
3. Commercialization of nanotechnologies in medicine.